ComicPad - A Comic Archive Reader for iPad
It’s not an April fools joke. I have a comic reader for the iPad approved on the App Store today. ComicPad is a great way to browse and read electronic comics, designed specifically for iPad. ComicPad includes its own browser, so you can download comics directly to your library. Once you’ve downloaded a comic, tap a cover to choose what you want to read. It’s as natural as flipping through a long box. Turn ComicPad to portrait to view a single page full screen. Or view two pages at once by rotating to landscape. Flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and have your place automatically bookmarked.
- Download free comics from popular publishers and the Golden Age using the integrated browser.
- Automatic resizing of images to maximum screen size
- Read in single page portrait, or two-page spread landscape view
- Move back and forth by swiping or tapping the side of the screen
- Show or hide controls by tapping the center of the page
- Automatic bookmarking remembers the last page you read for each comic
- Apple iPad
- Archives created with ZIP (typically files with extension .zip or .cbz)
- Image file formats of type PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, or TIFF
- Images smaller than 2048 x 2048
- Image file names numbered in ascending order