Coffee Journal for iPhone Release
I’m excited to announce that I’ve just released a new app called Coffee Journal. As the name implies, Coffee Journal offers a way for you to record, remember, and share your favorite coffees. It can be as simple as typing a coffee name, or as detailed as star ratings, brew settings, origin information, and a professional cupping log. As you may be aware, coffee can be as complex as a fine wine, but there don’t seem to be any apps for the aficionado.
I have put a lot of thought into how to make Coffee Journal accessible to casual users, as well as deep enough to be useful to hard-core coffee nerds. In addition, there is also quite a lot of attention to UI detail that I think you will appreciate:
- Hint of burlap in the icon background
- Rich wood grain navigation & tool bars
- Table headers with coffee sleeve texture
- Subtle background patterns (behind table rows, best experienced on retina display)
- Carefully selected color palette
Version 1.1 Features
- Multiple views: Display coffees as a list sorted by name, roaster, or rating. Or if you prefer, just see your favorites or wish list
- Coffee in depth: Include origin details, varietal, flavors, and tasting notes
- Brew settings: Record and recall a detailed brew history (including water volume, temperature, bean weight) of what’s required to get the perfect cup
- Cupping Scores: A professional-grade visual cupping screen allows you to rate coffees on attributes such as acidity, aroma, flavor, roast level, etc.
- Quick selection: Popular flavors, varietals, and coffee exporting countries are prepopulated so you can make selections without typing
- Timer: Set the number of minutes and seconds. Tap Start and an audible alert will let you know when your coffee is done brewing
- Graphics optimized for iPhone 4 & 4S retina displays